Applications are now open. The application deadline is 21 January 2022
We partnered with the Bahrain Ministry of Health, and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in terms of the research, education, and clinical actions necessary to build sustainable capacity in genomic medicine and in genetic research, with the aim of contributing to improved public health in Bahrain.
In this proposal, we aim to deliver the following services:
1. Whole Genome Sequencing of 6,000 individual from Bahrain: 2,000 individuals with rare diseases and 4,000 individuals from the general Bahraini population.
2. Clinical research interpretation of the WGS data and issuance of a report for each participant.
3. The building of professional Genomic Medicine capacity in Bahrain by training and educational programs, in order to establish genomic and precision medicine (including clinics) in the country.
4. Transfer of whole genome sequencing, analysis, and interpretation technologies for clinical diagnostics to Bahrain along with the required bioinformatic infrastructures.
5. Research collaboration between
the Bahrain Ministry of Health, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard